Home Care Music Therapist - Hospice - Full-Time Temp to Perm
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Home Care Music Therapist - Hospice - Full-Time Temp to Perm||Allied Health/Social Services||Glastonbury, Connecticut 06033||Per Diem||06-04-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Music Therapist plans, organizes, and directs medically prescribed music therapy activities as part of psychosocial and physical treatment of patients and their families to influence behavioral and psychological changes.
- Develops treatment plan, using individualized needs assessment, depending on goal of therapy.
- Instructs patients individually or in groups in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, or awareness of conscious feelings.
- Studies and analyzes patients' reactions to various experiences and adjusts care plan as needed.
- Documents visits and other activities on VITAS documentation.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
Full-time Temp to Perm, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years prior relevant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Board certification (MT-BC) by certification board for music therapists (CBMT).
- Bachelor’s degree in music therapy from an accredited institution approved by American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).