Human Resources People Manager
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Human Resources People Manager||Human Resources/Payroll/Training||Walnut Creek, California 94598||Full-Time||11-14-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Human Resources People Manager plays an important and strategic role in managing a variety of staff-related concerns by managing employee relation issues.
- HR Business Partner to leaders to support employee engagement, retention and ongoing employee satisfaction.
- Champion and coach of key efforts within the region to support above.
- Act as employee advocate and business partner to foster an environment of open communications.
- Promote positive employee engagement strategies and coach leaders to proactively and positively diffuse employee relations opportunities before they become negative.
- Develop and recommend solutions to a variety of employee relations issues including managing poor performance, managing conflict and assessing risk and escalating issues when necessary.
- Partner with managers to advise on performance management concerns, providing coaching and diagnosing problems to determine appropriate level of corrective action.
- Guide and review corrective action planning, to ensure proper documentation and staff communication are incorporated into performance management.
- Participate in performance counseling and termination discussions with staff and managers.
- Conduct internal investigations into staff-related concerns; prepare all required documentation and implement solutions to ensure timely and appropriate actions are taken.
- Develop effective tools and resources to assist managers with staff-related concerns, ensuring information is current and recommend changes and/or improvements.
- Maintain positive, productive work environment by responding to staff members’ concerns, proactively addressing issues and advising management on best practices.
- Partner with Occupational Health, staff and managers to analyze and respond to inquiries regarding Leave of Absence, Return-to-Work, and temporary or permanent accommodation requests.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues at all time.
- Manager training and development on Human Resource related processes, functions and policy and procedures.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Three to five years prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated track record as a champion of building a strong workplace culture within a healthcare services business
- Track record of leading positive employee initiatives to increase employee engagement and retention
- Ability to influence, communicate and build relationships at all levels.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of employment, wage and hour, FMLA and EEO/AA laws, regulations and guidelines
- Hands-on experience interacting with government agencies and responding to government agency requests.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage change and transition;
- Must be able to apply sound judgment, decision-making and critical thinking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to travel within a regional geographic area up to 20% of the time with occasional travel to corporate locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.