Dietitian Hospice Care Per Diem
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Dietitian Hospice Care Per Diem||Allied Health/Social Services||Walnut Creek, California 94598||Per Diem||03-14-2019|
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Make a Difference | Change Lives One Patient & Family at a Time
Join our Dynamic Team as Clinical Dietitian
- Per Diem position
The Dietician provides nutritional services (including counseling) to persons who are terminally ill and to their families so that the quality of life might be enhanced.
- Making home or inpatient visits to assess the nutritional needs of hospice patients and to plan a suitable diet that is consistent with the patient’s needs.
- Providing in-service education of members of the patient care team
- Teaching patients and families to prepare attractive meals
- Preparing a written plan for dietary care as part of the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Meeting with the interdisciplinary team whenever acting as a consultant to the patient/family
- Qualified candidates must have two years minimum experience; one of which is in a community health agency with consultant and teaching responsibilities.
- Must have adequate transportation.
- Baccalaureate degree from a program approved by the American Dietetic Association.