Director of Nursing
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Director of Nursing||Management/Leadership||Torrance, California 90502||Full-Time||08-19-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Patient Care Administrator is responsible for ensuring that hospice care is provided to the ultimate satisfaction of patients and their families, while meeting the expectations of referral sources and other external customers, and maintaining the financial integrity of patient care. Considering this objective, the PCA is primarily responsible for: effective communication, the clinical appropriateness of care being provided, the adequacy and quality of patient care services, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and financial management.
- Patient Care Services
- Assures that the mission, philosophy and values of VITAS are upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Actively participates with Team Manager(s), Medical Director and Admissions representatives on appropriateness questions for unusual pending cases.
- Assists team in problem solving regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom management.
- Reviews all recertification recommendations prior to continuation or discharge and participates in all revocation discussions prior to discharge.
- Develops and implements procedure changes impacted by policy revisions which affect patient care/team functions; makes recommendations on policy changes to IDG.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, evaluates and dismisses Team Managers and Volunteer/Bereavement Manager.
- Hires, maintains master list, evaluates, schedules all per diems including alternate hours staff.
- Provides orientation level training to new staff on palliative care practices
- Assists Team Managers in identifying and meeting training needs of team members and participates in counseling and terminations of team staff.
- Acts as resource and mentor for Team Managers and other department managers in clinical issues, regulations, and other patient care and management/leadership topics.
- Reviews and develops individual team human resource utilization, including volunteers, and plans which provide coverage mechanisms across teams to account for patient need, staffing and census fluctuations.
- Assures effective two-way communication between team(s) and other areas of program and company.
- Help team to develop annual goals and objectives.
- Participates as a mentor to newly hired Patient Care Administrators.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current Registered Nurse License to practice in the state where the VITAS Healthcare Program is located.
- Two years of home health experience
- Four years of management experience
- Hands-on fiscal and budgetary experience
- Master’s degree preferred.