Call Center Customer Service Supervisor
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Call Center Customer Service Supervisor||Customer Service||San Diego, California 92123||Full-Time||10-30-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The VITAS Healthcare Customer Service Supervisor is a professional, customer service member of the Care Connection Center management team. Responsible for providing direction and support to the Admission Coordinator position to ensure the best possible VITAS experience for all patients and families.
- Interview, hire, train, support, and develop all Admission Coordinators (AC).
- Supervise all day-to-day AC activities to ensure an efficient and timely intake/admission process is achieved with all new patient referrals.
- Supervise AC adherence and compliance to all education, quality, workforce management, customer service, operational standards, and KPIs.
- Continuously monitor all day-to-day activities taking place within the Care Connection Center.
- Supports all strategies, plans, and implementations as directed by Senior Leadership.
- Emphasis on the supervision of VX data integrity to ensure a clean billable patient record.
- Monitor and supervise all inbound call volumes and pending referrals to ensure operational service levels are met/exceeded.
- Ensure effective use of all development, counseling, and rewards and recognition tools to most effectively support all ACs.
- Support the Care Connection Center orientation and training programs to ensure that knowledge, skill, and performance standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Proactively identify operational efficiency and customer service enhancement opportunities.
- Work directly with all corresponding programs to support, meet, and/or exceed their individual referral/admission goals.
- Respond to complaints in a timely manner and maintain quality improvement documentation.
- Supervise staff as first-level leadership implementing strategies, processes, and guidelines
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates
- Observe and evaluate employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service is met
- Provide feedback regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure proper staffing
- Attend meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Two or more years related experience supervising an operations team in a 24/7 environment.
- Call Center/Customer Service management experience preferred.
- Proven success in supporting strategic plans and attaining goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Expert in the delivery and monitoring of customer interactions.
- A solid track record of managing customer service complaints
- Experienced in leading, supervising, and supporting customer service agents
- Ability to research and analyze information and data to arrive at and articulate valid findings, including root cause analysis, to build recommended corrective action plans.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with team members.
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, and use word processing and database computer software as well as MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives and action plans.
- Proven track record for supporting teams that are proactive in driving process improvement.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.