Child Life Specialist Per Diem
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Child Life Specialist Per Diem||Allied Health/Social Services||San Diego, California 92123||Per Diem||10-28-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Child Life Specialist is a member of the interdisciplinary team whose primary function is to identify the psychological needs of the pediatric hospice patients, their siblings and the children of adult hospice patients, define goals for meeting these needs, and help provide developmentally appropriate interventions and casework needed to meet these goals. Provides grief and bereavement developmental education for adult family members and hospice staff. Assists with locating and referring to community resources prior to the conclusion of services. Maintains appropriate documentation in the hospice patient chart.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must have reliable transportation with adequate insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Ability to travel per job requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Child Life , Child Development or a closely related field.
- Completion of child life internship. Certified Child lLifeSpecialist , by exa within one year of hire.