Speech Language Pathologist per diem
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Speech Language Pathologist per diem||Allied Health/Social Services||San Diego, California 92123||Per Diem||09-19-2019|
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
When provided, speech therapy services shall be given by a qualified speech pathologist in accordance with the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care.
- Assist the physician in determining and recommending appropriate speech and hearing services
- Evaluate the patient’s speech and language abilities and establish a plan of treatment
- Provide rehabilitation services for speech and language disorders
- Record and report to the patient's physician the patient’s progress in treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition and plan of care
- Instruct other health team personnel and family members in methods of assisting the patient in improving communication skills
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for the clinical record
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
A person who meets the education and experience requirement for a Certificate of Clinical Competence granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association; or meets the education requirements for certification and is in the progress of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification. Must meet licensure requirements of state in which hospice is located.