RN Nurse Manager | Hospice Care | Sacramento
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|RN Nurse Manager | Hospice Care | Sacramento||Nursing||Sacramento, California 95833||Full-Time||08-19-2019|
Nurse Manager| Team Manager | Hospice | Sacramento
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care.
Providing patients and families with dignity, compassion, and comfort at a pivotal time in their lives.
The Team Manager is the leader of the Patient Care Team whose function is to:
- Evaluate and coordinate the various component members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assure continuity of care from admission to discharge or transfer to bereavement.
- Serve as patient advocate and coordinator for other social services and health care providers in the community who are involved in the care of the team’s patients.
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance of patient records from intake through discharge or transfer to bereavement that they are accurate, complete and meet required standards in accordance with VITAS policy and all regulatory bodies
- Facilitates team meeting, assuring interdisciplinary input into the update and revision of the plan of care in concert with the changing needs and expectations of the patient and family.
Join the VITAS Team and experience the following:
- Rewarding patient care opportunities to help patients and families cope with the crisis of terminal illness and end-of-life care needs.
- A generous tuition reimbursement for those seeking an advanced degree and career growth opportunities
- Team Managers are provided with VITAS iPhone and Laptop
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current California RN license required
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary medical and nursing care, with at least a working knowledge of oncologic nursing and palliative care.
- Basic understanding of the interpersonal dynamics operative within the working relationships of an interdisciplinary health care team, and knowledge of the process of dying and bereavement.
- Two years successful supervisory experience or equivalent in a health care organization.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.