Home Care Music Therapist | Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Home Care Music Therapist | Hospice Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Sacramento, California 95833||Full-Time||07-18-2019|
VITAS Healthcare is the Nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Make a Difference | Change Lives One Patient & Family at a Time
Join our Dynamic Team as Music Therapist
- Full Time position
- Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Music Therapist plans, organizes, and directs medically prescribed music therapy activities as part of psychosocial and physical treatment of patients and their families to influence behavioral and psychological changes.
- Develops treatment plan, using individualized needs assessment, depending on goal of therapy.
- Instructs patients individually or in groups in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, or awareness of conscious feelings.
- Studies and analyzes patients' reactions to various experiences and adjusts care plan as needed.
- Documents visits and other activities on VITAS documentation.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years prior relevant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Board certification (MT-BC) by certification board for music therapists (CBMT).
- Bachelor’s degree in music therapy from an accredited institution approved by American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).