Bereavement Manager Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Bereavement Manager Hospice Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Sacramento, California 95833||Full-Time||07-08-2019|
VITAS Healhcare is the Nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Make a Difference | Change Lives One Patien & Family at a Time
Join our Dynamic Team as Bereavement Manager!
- Full Time
- Position will be based in our Main Program located in Sacramento, CA
The Bereavement Services Manager provides expertise and skill in bereavement program management through strategic planning, coordination of services, staff and volunteer bereavement training, and assisting the interdisciplinary team with the delivery of bereavement services. Manages the bereavement program to effectively meet the bereavement needs of patients and families. Assists the interdisciplinary team in providing for the bereavement needs of patients and families through consultation on bereavement issues. Schedules and facilitates meetings with psychosocial staff to coordinate the provision of bereavement services. Oversees the provision of all bereavement group activities and schedules regular meetings with group facilitators. Responsible for organizing annual memorial services in one or more locations. Provides grief education and training to staff and volunteers. Works with Volunteer Services Manager to recruit, screen, train, and assign bereavement volunteers, and provides supervision to bereavement volunteers when appropriate. Actively monitors all bereavement activities to ensure program compliance with Federal and State regulations, and VITAS policies and procedures. Provides monthly summary reports to the Patient Care Administrator of program bereavement activities.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates must meet State and Federal qualifications for providing bereavement services.
- Five years experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Experience and skill in dealing with the psychological dynamics associated with illness, loss and death.
- Experience and skill in organizing, staffing, and facilitating a variety of bereavement groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Product and marketing knowledge preferred.
- Recruiting experience preferred.
- Reliable transportation with proper license and insurance coverage for driver and passengers.
- Master's degree in counseling, grief counseling, social work, ministry, pastoral care or other related field from an accredited school.