LVN | Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|LVN | Hospice Care||Nursing||Milpitas, California 93035||Full-Time||11-05-2019|
Possible on-the-spot offer for qualified candidates!
VITAS Healthcare is NOW Hiring Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Full Time positions
- Monnday - Friday with weekend rotations
- Available Shifts: 4p - 12a or 12a - 8a
- Positions available for the following patient territories: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Alameda Counties
Intensive Comfort Care is an integral component of our dedicated and compassionate team of nursing and hospice professionals.
Intensive Comfort Care LVNs provide clinical care, VITAS services and end of life philosophy to patients and families.
Providing patients and families with dignity, compassion, and comfort at a pivotal time in their lives.
Join our Intensive Comfort Care Team! Experience the personal and professional satisfaction of focusing on one patient for the entire shift.
Make a Difference | Change Lives One Patient & Family at a Time
The Licensed Practical Nurse administers nursing care according to the plan of care to terminally ill patients admitted to the VITAS program, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care.
- Evaluates patient /family needs in the preparation and executions of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient on the team and the effectiveness of treatments and monitors patients reactions.
- Performs selected acts in care of the terminally ill under the direct supervision of a registered nurse; such acts include the administration of treatments and medications.
- Participates in Nurse LPN on- call rotation/schedule in order to meet the needs of patients and families.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current California LVN license required
- At least one year, preferably two years, of satisfactory nursing experience, at least one year of which is as an LPN/LVN in a hospital, hospice, home health, or community health setting.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical/Vocational nursing