Art Therapist Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Art Therapist Hospice Care||Allied Health/Social Services||Milpitas, California 93035||Full-Time||02-12-2019|
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care
Make a Difference | Change Lives one Patient & Family at a Time
Join our Dynamic Team in Milpitas, CA as Art Therapist!
- Per Diem position
The VITAS Art Therapist demonstrates compassion helping both adults and children of all ages with their mental, physical, and emotional health by incorporating art making into the patient's supportive counseling, grief education and advocary.
- Provides expressive art therapy as a vehicle for grief counseling, education, support or intervention in individual, group or community settings to meet the bereavement support needs of a diverse bereaved population.
- Collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) members, to ensure coordination of services in development of plan of care
- Evaluates the quality of therapy interventions and report effectiveness to IDG
- Develops treatment plan, using individualized needs assessment, depending on goal of therapy.
- Instructs patients individually or in groups in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, or awareness of conscious feelings.
- Studies and analyzes patients' reactions to various experiences and adjusts care plan as needed.
- Documents visits and other activities on VITAS documentation.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- CA license as a Marriage and Family Therapist required (LMFT).
- At least two (2) years post-license experience with the ability to supervise trainees and interns.
- Masters level training from an AATA approved Art Therapy program.
- A.T.R. registration and/or Board Certification preferred but not required.
- Master's of Art in Art Therapy