Admissions LVN | Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Admissions LVN | Hospice Care||Nursing||Irvine, California 92602||Full-Time||10-22-2019|
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Join our Dynamic Team as Admissions Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Full Time position
- Monday - Friday with weekend rotation
- 10am - 7pm shift
- Patient Territories: South Orange County
The Admissions Nurse is a Licensed Practical or Vocational nurse and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients.
- Participation in the information gathering, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Collaborate and receive direction from the registered nurse before obtaining admission orders from the physician per the VITAS Standards
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Currently California LVN license required
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Previous sales or service experience preferred
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
- Associates Degree required