Nurse Educator (RN) Hospice Care
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Nurse Educator (RN) Hospice Care||Nursing||Irvine, California 92602||Full-Time||06-28-2019|
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Excellent Full Time RN Educator opportunity with VITAS Healthcare!
- Full Time Position
- M-F 8am - 5pm with occasional weekends
The Clinical RN Educator is responsible for providing support for quality assessment and performance improvement activities which includes quality monitoring, evaluation and facilitation of performance improvement projects. Assists with education assessments and activities. Facilitates compliance with Medicare/Medicaid regulations, state licensure laws, VITAS policies, and applicable regulatory/accrediting body. Participates in company-wide quality initiatives. Assists with program-based response to medical record requests.
The Clinical RN Educator will work closely with the Patient Care Administrator in development of the education and clinical skills training for all staff.
- Participates in the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and related activities as assigned. This may include, but is not limited to
- participation in Performance Improvement Project(s) (PIP)
- Gathering clinical data which is used for quality measures
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives personally and per Team Manager reviews
- Responsible for attending orientation and regularly scheduled in-services/educational conferences as assigned
- Participates in orientation of Hospice Aides, Volunteers and other IDG members as assigned
- Participates in training activities internally within VITAS and externally as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current California RN license required.
- Knowledge of hospice operations and performance improvement concepts.
- Experience in Hospice care as Registered Nurse required.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality preferred.
- Experience with data collection, basic statistics and statistical measurement tools, and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented. Experience with spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Bachelor's Degreee required, MSN preferred