Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Hospice Care 4pm -12a
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Hospice Care 4pm -12a||Nursing||Irvine, California 92602||Full-Time||03-25-2019|
Make a Difference | Change Lives One Patient & Family at a Time
VITAS Healthcare is the nation's leading provider of end-of-life care
Join our Dynamic Team as Licensed Vocational Nurse!
- Full Time position
- Monday - Friday 4pm - 12am with weekend rotation
The Licensed Vocational Nurse administers nursing care according to the plan of care to terminally ill patients admitted to the VITAS program, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- Provides direct skilled bedside nursing care.
- Evaluates patient /family needs in the preparation and executions of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient on the team and the effectiveness of treatments and monitors patients reactions.
- Performs selected acts in care of the terminally ill under the direct supervision of a registered nurse; such acts include the administration of treatments and medications.
- Participates in Nurse LPN on- call rotation/schedule in order to meet the needs of patients and families.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse license required
- At least one year, preferably two years, of satisfactory nursing experience, at least one year of which is as an LPN/LVN in a hospital, hospice, home health, or community health setting.
- Graduate of an approved school of Practical/Vocational nursing