Patient Care Coordinator | Call Center | Part Time
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Patient Care Coordinator | Call Center | Part Time||Administrative/Clerical||San Diego, CA 92123||Part-Time||11-09-2021|
- Effectively processes calls in a systematic and organized manner following Care Connection Center scripts, policies, and procedures.
- Promptly answers and screens incoming calls, with appropriate escalation as needed.
- Ensures timely and accurate VX documentation on all tasks completed in accordance with Telecare documentation standards to ensure data integrity.
- Facilitates communication between Telecare team members, staff in the field, HME, referral sources, vendors, physicians, facility staff, and patients and family.
- Handles concerns independently within their scope of practice and seeks guidance from the Telecare Nurse or Team Leader as needed in the execution of their tasks.
- Takes ownership and resolve all customer service issues with first call resolution whenever possible. Escalate immediately as needed.
- Becomes compliant with all departmental standards; policies and procedures, training and education, workforce management, disaster planning, effectively managing and prioritizing work tasks, attendance, adherence, and quality.
- Participates in the education of new hires as needed.
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type a preferred 50 WPM
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required. Medical or business office education or training preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.