Respiratory Therapist | After Hours & Weekends | Part Time
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Respiratory Therapist | After Hours & Weekends | Part Time||Allied Health/Social Services||San Diego, CA 92123||Per Diem||01-21-2021|
- Assess the respiratory status of patients admitted into the VITAs program as directed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the present respiratory regimen.
- Provide input into the interdisciplinary plan of care to promote optimal respiratory functions related to the patient’s potential.
- Instruct patients and caregivers in appropriate respiratory care procedures and techniques
- Participate as needed in the care process and as directed by the interdisciplinary team
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Provide educational programs for VITAS staff members
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a respiratory therapist RRT: Acute care and home care field experience required. CRTT: minimum 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year acute care and 1 year home care field experience.
- Experience with respiratory-related home care equipment, compressed medical gases, concentrators, and liquid oxygen.
- Graduate of an approved program to train respiratory therapists.
- B.R.C (National Board for Respiratory Care) credentialed (CRTT minimum; RRT preferred)
- Current state License for Respiratory Care practitioner, if applicable.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.