Admissions RN or LVN | South County San Diego | Bilingual Spanish|English preferred
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Admissions RN or LVN | South County San Diego | Bilingual Spanish|English preferred||Nursing||San Diego, CA 92123||Full-Time||06-16-2020|
The Admissions RN or LVN and an Interdisciplinary Team member whose primary responsibility is to present VITAS services and philosophy to patients and families in a manner that results in the admission of appropriate patients. Service area: South San Diego County, Greater Chula Vista service area. Bilingual Spanish|English preferred.
- Participation in the information gathering, analysis, education and form completion aspects of the admissions process
- Evaluate patients for hospice appropriateness, e.g. medical records review as requested.
- Obtain agreement for admission of referred patients and families who meet admission criteria.
- Analyze data collected by the LPN to facilitate/obtain admission orders
- Build effective referral source relationships to support the high quality and responsiveness expectations associated with VITAS.
- Maintain clinical and professional competence.
- Take the initiative in developing effective relationships internally with the appropriate admissions and patient care resource persons.
- Utilize interpersonal skills to help appropriately educate and address any questions the patient and/or patient’s family has concerning hospice and palliative care.
- Knowledge of the principles of the intake, admission, and transition to care process with the ability to further develop skills in these competency areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, referral sources and colleagues.
- Knowledge of clinical manifestations of diseases and ability to develop VITAS specific clinical knowledge.
- Ability to use the VITAS information system and mobile technology platforms.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Currently licensed as a R.N. in the state where duties are performed.
- Previous hospital, physician practice, LTC or ALF experience
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Previous sales or service experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V