Medical Service Technician
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Medical Service Technician||Warehouse Techs/Delivery Drivers||Hayward, CA 94545||Full-Time||06-09-2020|
- Responsible for delivering, set-up, service and pick-up of medical equipment and related supplies to and from patient’s residence and skilled facilities.
- Provide instruction and education material to the patient/or caregiver(s) on the operation, cleaning, and maintenance of medical equipment.
- Transport, handle and route medical equipment according to Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures to comply with infection control, equipment maintenance, and safety.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and non-scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Complete performance safety checks on equipment at the time of delivery.
- Perform structural/environmental, safety, and patient assessments as related to equipment and participate with the IDT care plan.
- May clean and disinfect medical equipment as needed
- Load and unload equipment safely to assure no damage or injury.
- Utilize transport devices provided by Vitas HME Solutions
- Maintain accurate Vitas HME Solutions records in accordance with Vitas HME Solutions policies and procedures, i.e., patient equipment delivery/pick-up/service forms, vehicle reports, manifests, and patient needs.
- Present equipment education to a level of understanding by patients/families.
- Provide internal HME Staff with training on home medical equipment.
- May assists less experienced MSTs by providing guidance and counseling on job duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to all VITAS and VITAS HME Policies
- Strong knowledge in all home medical equipment and ability to train MST staff effectively in High Flow Therapy, Bi-PAP Therapy and Enteral Pumps
- Computer literate for accurate tracking of equipment and daily performance
- Ability to provide initial general training to newly hired Medical Service Technicians
- Experience with the operation and repair of durable medical equipment preferred.
- Ability to read a map/GPS and follow directions
- Knowledge of VITAS HME Solutions service areas, preferred, and.
- Highly Organized
- Strong Administrative Skills
- PC Competent
- Able to work with hand-held scanning device.
- Ability to work unsupervised in field exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to physically access any home, nursing home, ALF, and hospital.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- High school level reading and math skills.
San Francisco Ordinance
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- EOE/AA M/F/DV
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.