Patient Care Administrator
|Job Title||Category||Location||Job Type||Posted|
|Patient Care Administrator||Management/Leadership||Covina, CA 91724||Full-Time||05-06-2020|
- Patient Care Services
- Assures that the mission, philosophy and values of VITAS are upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Actively participates with Team Manager(s), Medical Director and Admissions representatives on appropriateness questions for unusual pending cases.
- Assists team in problem solving regarding palliative care measures for pain and symptom management.
- Reviews all recertification recommendations prior to continuation or discharge and participates in all revocation discussions prior to discharge.
- Develops and implements procedure changes impacted by policy revisions which affect patient care/team functions; makes recommendations on policy changes to IDG.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Interviews, hires, trains, supervises, evaluates and dismisses Team Managers and Volunteer/Bereavement Manager.
- Hires, maintains master list, evaluates, schedules all per diems including alternate hours staff.
- Provides orientation level training to new staff on palliative care practices
- Assists Team Managers in identifying and meeting training needs of team members and participates in counseling and terminations of team staff.
- Acts as resource and mentor for Team Managers and other department managers in clinical issues, regulations, and other patient care and management/leadership topics.
- Reviews and develops individual team human resource utilization, including volunteers, and plans which provide coverage mechanisms across teams to account for patient need, staffing and census fluctuations.
- Assures effective two-way communication between team(s) and other areas of program and company.
- Help team to develop annual goals and objectives.
- Participates as a mentor to newly hired Patient Care Administrators.
- Quality Improvement/Regulatory Compliance
- Randomly monitors both active and closed charts to assure that services are rendered as integrated components of the interdisciplinary plan of care, that the team makes decisions which are appropriate and responsive to patients’/families’ needs and expectations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that documentation effectively demonstrates quality and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with Team Managers and total program in developing Performance Improvement Plans.
- Reviews all revocations, customer and employee satisfaction survey data, and Customer Service/Complaint forms to analyze for trends requiring improvement.
- Compiles, reviews and evaluates all documentation for external reviews, record requests, and surveys.
- Prepares for survey process and annual program review, assuring that company policies, procedures, and Federal, State and local regulations are followed.
- Participates on at least one of the following committees: Ethics, Safety/Infection Control, Quality/Utilization, IDG/PAG.
- Compiles and reviews all data for quarterly QI studies.
- Customer Service/Sales/Marketing
- Actively solicits feedback on services from referral sources through formcustomer service inquiries and makes monthly contact with key referral sources.
- Speaks with physicians and patients/families to resolve grievances that the Team Manager has not been able to resolve; authorizes additional resources as needed
- Visits nursing homes to solve grievances/problems and may participate in LTC survey process at nursing homes’ requests.
- Attends community functions, makes presentations to community groups and professional organizations, and conducts inservices for referral sources and contract facilities in conjunction with Sales Department.
- Participates in at least one professional, voluntary or community service organization.
- Cost Containment
- Randomly audits invoices, IPOCs, charts to assure adherence to Plan of Care and to ensure effective utilization.
- Oversees management of medical supplies, including ordering, distributing, and utilization.
- Oversees and reviews with Team Manager costs associated with patient care operations, including payroll, mileage, equipment, supplies, medications, HME.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings in patient care staffing and utilization of ancillary services and assists program and team(s) in implementing cost saving measures.
- Reviews Vx data, income statements and team based financials with Team Managers and directs adjustments to utilization as needed.
- Assists General Manager in the budget planning process.
- Current Registered Nurse License to practice in the state where the VITAS Healthcare Program is located.
- Two years of home health experience
- Four years of management experience
- Hands-on fiscal and budgetary experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
Choose a Career with VITAS
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.