A leader in hospice care since 1978
Comprehensive protocols developed over more than 35 years have allowed VITAS to improve the quality of life of more than a million patients near the end of life. In the Bay Area, VITAS has the resources and the expertise to help hospice patients remain at home, where they want to be.
- Our physicians are in the field, available to make house calls.
- We visit our patients as often as they need us, there are no limits. Our doctors, nurses, social workers and chaplains visit according to the needs of the patient, the family and the situation.
- Patients and families have 24-hour peace of mind because we offer direct access to trained staff with patient information and the authority to dispatch a team member to the bedside when necessary.
- We have bilingual staff to meet the needs of our diverse region. Combined, our teams speak more than 20 languages, including Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and Vietnamese.
- We understand the needs of Jewish and LGBTQ communities.
- Our Veterans Program provides a dedicated liaison, veteran-specific support groups, and customized care plans sensitive to veterans’ unique physical and mental health needs at the end of life.
When medical treatments cannot cure a disease, VITAS provides patients, families and physicians in the Bay Area unsurpassed support.