Contest Name: iPad Mini Give Away (“the Contest”)
Company: VITAS Hospice Services, LLC (“the Company”)
Company Address: 201 South Biscayne Blvd. Suite 400
Miami, Florida 33131
1. Description of Contest and Participation
a) Contest Period: Contest will begin June 22, 2015 and end on 11:00p.m. EDT on July 15, 2015 (“Contest Period”).
b) How to Enter: Register by clicking on the email correspondence and completing the survey located on the Company’s website at https://www.vitas.com/aarpsurvey. More detailed instructions are found on the website. Only one entry per person per valid email address is permitted. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited.
The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable, the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid.
c) How to Participate and Winner Selection: On or about July 20, 2015 the Company will select one (1) winner(s) at random from the eligible entries received. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate entry at that time. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail. The Company is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Company is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winner.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
One (1) iPad Mini
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in the Company’s sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No cash equivalent or substitution of any prize shall be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Company. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, the Company reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present government issued identification prior to being awarded a prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to select an alternate winner or not to award that a prize, in its sole discretion.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Contest Conditions and Restrictions: The Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. The winner must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of a prize in its entirety. The prize(s) will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must agree that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. The Company does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C., be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award as determined by the Company.
4. Tampering and Delivery Disclaimer. (a) The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
6. Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their survey responses in connection with online and offline marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules.
11. Miscellaneous. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.