VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center – Fort Worth
1400 8th Ave., 3rd Floor, Bldg C
Fort Worth, TX 76104
In the VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center – Fort Worth, we take an individualized approach to every patient we care for. We’re here to support our patients and their loved ones through a difficult time.
The Baylor inpatient hospice unit is in its own wing on the hospital’s third floor. As the first inpatient hospice unit in Ft. Worth and the only hospice unit in the area based in a hospital, the Baylor All Saints unit has hosted seriously ill patients and their families for 17 years. Special pediatric accommodations can care for very special patients from Cook Children’s Healthcare System.
Our Fort Worth Inpatient Hospice Unit Location
The VITAS inpatient hospice unit welcomes patients from Ft. Worth, the Mid-Cities, North Tarrant County, southwest Ft. Worth, Cleburne and Weatherford.
Located just two miles west of West 7th Street, the Museum District and the Botanical Gardens, the unit is located in the Medical Hospital District not far from the Trinity River and Ft. Worth Zoo. There is plenty of free parking.
Features of Our Fort Worth Inpatient Hospice Unit
A million-dollar renovation of its 14 private rooms in 2012 made this home-away-from-home even more welcoming and convenient. Granite counters and hardwood floors are practical and homey, what we call “Ft. Worth comfortable.” There is a family room, children’s area and a quiet room ideal for rest, reflection or quiet conversation.
If the purpose of an inpatient unit is to handle medical crises in an atmosphere of calm, the Baylor All Saints unit does so very effectively. Bread is baked fresh daily in the unit kitchen. Our music therapy practitioner plays classical guitar in the living area every afternoon.
With beautiful works by VITAS employee and local artist Sheri Jones, we’ve created a quiet, soothing atmosphere that is as homelike as possible. Each of our rooms is warmly decorated—much like the bedrooms in a private residence.
The inpatient unit is open 24/7 for the convenience of family members and visitors. We can also accommodate family members and visitors who wish to spend the night.
We also know that pets are members of patients’ families and are very therapeutic. Pets are welcome to visit for short periods of time as long as they are on leashes and supervised by an adult. We can even arrange a visit from one of our VITAS Paw Pals®.
Additional features include:
- Coffee and tea throughout the day in the unit’s community kitchen.
- Families are welcome to store food or prepare small meals in the kitchen.
- Shower and laundry facilities are located in the unit for family members to use.
- We offer music therapy provided by a live local musician.
- Volunteers provide support and companionship.
- VITAS offers gentle therapeutic massage by a licensed massage therapist.
- Our pampered patient program offers gentle touches to brighten a patient's day: shampoo & style, nail care, shave & grooming are offered.
Meet Your Inpatient Hospice Team in
Our multi-disciplinary team of hospice professionals ensures that the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and families are being met.
- A VITAS physician visits daily to closely follow patients and provide pain and symptom management.
- VITAS nurses are skilled in assessing and managing pain and other symptoms.
- The VITAS social worker acts as a skilled listener and provides emotional support.
- The VITAS chaplain ministers to the spiritual needs of patients and their families, and can work with your clergy as desired.
- Volunteers spend quality time with patients and families.
- Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling and emotional support for families and patients’ loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved one through this difficult time.