Webinar for Healthcare Professionals: Palliation of Pain
Managing a patient’s pain near the end of life is a top priority of hospice care. The goal of this webinar is to teach healthcare professionals to effectively manage a patient’s pain using all available tools, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, based on the etiology or etiologies of the pain.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
2 p.m. EST • 1 hour
Earn one continuing education hour with this free webinar.
Attendees of this webinar will learn to:
- Employ appropriate pharmacological interventions for pain utilizing the WHO Analgesic Ladder as a guide
- Choose appropriate opioids for the treatment of severe pain based on individual patient needs
- Articulate and follow the guidelines of effective pain management
- Select and utilize appropriate adjuvant analgesics when indicated
- Identify various non-pharmacological interventions for the management of pain