VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at
2601 Holme Ave, Holy Family Bldg, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19152
When hospice patients in the Philadelphia area require care beyond what can be provided at home, VITAS offers inpatient care in residential care facilities, including our hospice inpatient unit at Nazareth Hospital.
When a VITAS patient comes to our inpatient unit, our goal is to provide exceptional comfort care and help the patient return home as soon as possible, where we will continue to provide support.
Inpatient Hospice Care at Philadelphia's Nazareth Hospital
We believe the best therapy for hospice patients is the comfort of family, friends and loved ones. That's why our inpatient units are home-like and inviting to all. Here are some of the features of our inpatient hospice unit:
- Open 24/7
- Accommodates all visitors including children and pets
- Kitchen and family room
- Washer/dryer for visitor use
A Home Away from Home
We've found that a quiet environment helps limit stress for patients, families and visitors at this time of life. This is what we strive to provide at the VITAS inpatient unit at Nazareth Hospital.
Our kitchen is stocked with coffee and tea for family and guests, who can also store food in the refrigerator. The on-site washer and dryer can be used free of charge. Overnight accommodations can be made, if family and guests would like to stay overnight near their loved one.
The Hospice Inpatient Team
Our staff is sensitive and responsive to individual patient and family needs.
- The team manager oversees care in the unit.
- Our nurses are experts in assessing and managing pain and other symptoms that patients may experience as a result of a life-limiting illness.
- A social worker is a friendly and skilled listener to help provide emotional support.
- The hospice physician works with the patient’s physician and is available for pain and symptom management consultation.
- The chaplain offers spiritual support and can work with the family’s clergy.
- VITAS volunteers spend time when they are needed most.
- A bereavement specialist provides grief and loss counseling and other support for loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
When a medical crisis brings a VITAS patient to our inpatient hospice unit, our goal is to support both the patient and the patient’s loved ones through a difficult time.
We encourage family members and visitors to ask questions and share information that may help our staff care for your loved one.