VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at
Kennedy Memorial Hospital
18 East Laurel Rd., 3rd Floor
Stratford, NJ 08084
When hospice patients need care beyond what can be managed at home, the VITAS inpatient hospice units are a home-like setting where patients can receive the individualized, around the clock care they need. Our goal is to help patients return to their home as quickly as possible, where we will continue to provide support.
VITAS provides care for adult and pediatric patients with a wide range of life-limiting illnesses, including, but not limited to cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, Alzheimer's disease and ALS.
The VITAS interdisciplinary team aggressively treats pain and other symptoms, reduces anxiety and provides medical, spiritual and emotional support to ensure our patients and their families receive the quality care they deserve.
Our compassionate and professional healthcare providers staff the hospice unit 24/7 to ensure pain and other symptoms are well managed in collaboration with the patient's personal physician.
Meet Your Inpatient Hospice Team in Stratford
Kitchen and Family Area
- A team manager oversees care in the unit.
- Nurses are experts in assessing and managing pain.
- A social worker is a skilled listener who provides practical and emotional support.
- A physician visits patients daily and works with the patient’s physician; he/she is available for pain and symptom management consultation.
- A chaplain supports patients’ and families’ spiritual needs and can work with a family’s clergy.
- Volunteers spend time when they are needed most.
- VITAS is certified by the National Institute for Jewish Hospice.
- Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling and other support for family and loved ones.
What You Can Expect in Our Inpatient Hospice Unit in Stratford
Family and friends are welcome at the VITAS unit any time—day or night—and may stay as long as they want, with no restrictive visiting hours.
Our units are decorated with soothing colors and home-like furnishings to provide our patients and their loved ones with a comfortable environment.
Families can prepare a light meal in the kitchen, relax with books and board games in the family room or find a peaceful moment in the quiet room.