Palliative Care Specialists
If you or a loved one has a serious illness, palliative care can help. A complement to the medical treatments your doctor is already providing, palliative care helps manage pain, alleviates symptoms to improve quality of life and offers emotional and spiritual support as you deal with difficult medical issues.
Your attending physician may refer you to a Palliative Medical Associates specialist to add another expert to your care team. Our palliative care physicians are highly trained in managing pain and symptoms that accompany serious illness. They work closely with your attending physician to ensure a completely coordinated plan of care.
Palliative care may be provided at any stage of illness. It is up to you and your doctor to determine when a palliative care specialist should be involved.
What you can expect:
- Help with pain and symptoms such as shortness of breath, excessive fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite and sleeplessness
- Improved ability to carry on the activities of daily living
- Ability to continue receiving prescribed medical treatments and better tolerate them
- Help in navigating the healthcare system
- Better understanding of your condition and available choices for your care
- Emotional and spiritual support
For more information about Palliative Medical Associates, please call 877.868.4827