VITAS Inpatient Hospice Unit at
Quality Health Care
12751 West Colonial Drive
Winter Garden , FL 34787
When hospice patients need care beyond what can be provided at home, the VITAS inpatient hospice unit is designed to provide necessary and appropriate care so they can return home as soon as possible, where we can continue to provide support.
In this home-like setting, our professional, interdisciplinary team assures that each patient receives individualized, round-the-clock care.
VITAS hospice professionals—nurses, physician, social worker, chaplain, and volunteers—manage pain and other symptoms of the life-limiting illness while enhancing the quality of life for the patient and family.
We have discovered that a quiet environment helps to reduce stress at this time of life. Coffee and tea are available throughout the day in our kitchen, and the family room is a comfortable place for discussions or a brief rest.
Features of Our Inpatient Hospice Unit in Winter Garden
- Visiting hours are unrestricted, available 24/7 for any age or number of guests.
- Parking is free.
- This unit can accommodate 12 patients.
- A sofa in the family room folds out into a bed for family members to spend the night.
- Area hotels are available—staff can provide a list for families to review.
- We believe visits from pets are therapeutic; pets should be on leash or in a carrier in any public area of the unit.
- Food can be brought in and stored in the refrigerator. If you would like to bring in a favorite dish, the kitchen includes a microwave.
- The family room contains a sofa, recliners, television/DVD, and a children’s play area with activities and books.
- A public powder room is located in the family room.
- Smoking is allowed on the benches under the pergola located next to the walkway.
- Patients may bring any personal items, including clothing, although hospital gowns are provided.
- Shower and laundry facilities are available in the unit; please ask our staff for assistance to access these features.
Meet Your VITAS Inpatient Hospice Team in Winter Garden
- Team manager.
- A registered nurse to provide routine care.
- Hospice physicians who provide symptom and pain management.
- A chaplain who can work with your family’s clergy to offer spiritual support.
- A social worker who can provide emotional support and help with financial issues and planning.
- VITAS volunteers who are specially trained by VITAS to give the gift of time and companionship—available when you need them most.
- A bereavement specialist to provide grief and loss counseling and emotional support for patients’ loved ones.
VITAS is Here for You
We know that a medical crisis has brought you to the VITAS inpatient hospice unit. Our goal is to support you and your loved ones through this difficult time.
Please feel free to ask any of our unit staff whatever questions you may have. To individualize your loved one’s care, please share information that you believe is relevant.