Grief is the normal and universal reaction humans have to the loss of those they love. When your loved one dies, you go through a period of bereavement and experience grief that is utterly individual to your experience and yet shares many aspects with all others who grieve.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care®, as a leader in the hospice field, is committed to providing information, education and resources to help those who are going through this period of bereavement. We provide targeted grief support to the surviving loved ones of the patients we have served for at least a year following the patient’s death, but we are also committed to helping other members in the communities we serve. This website contains a broad array of informational and inspirational resources that can help anyone who has experienced a significant loss in their lives.
VITAS’ bereavement services consist of:
- Quarterly bereavement support letters, newsletters and educational materials
- Bereavement support groups led by professional VITAS staff
- Memorial services provided in different locations
- Bereavement support telephone calls and visits by professional staff and volunteers
- Community resource referral: grief therapists, community support groups, legal services, etc.
We also have a listing of current support groups and memorial services in each of the communities that VITAS serves.